Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Movie Review: FEAR




16 year old Nicole Walker meets a charming young man named David McCall at a local party. They begin a relationship and Nicole is having the time of her life until David shows his true colors. She starts to realize that David isn't who he said he was. Nicole finds herself trapped in a controlling relationship with David and doesn't know how to break free in fear of the outcome

FEAR is a nice movie about crazy psycho boyfriends who are controlling. There's only one thing I like more than psycho boyfriends and that's psycho girlfriends. I think they should of named this movie "Obsession" and not FEAR. They had fear at the end of the movie but the whole movie was mainly about David being obsessed with Nicole.

The acting was pleasantly nice and everyone did a good job. Reese Witherspoon played Nicole and she did a very good job at being a snooty little 16 year old. Mark Wahlberg did the best at being the controlling boyfriend. The supporting players weren't too shabby themselves. Alyssa Milano played Margo, Nicole's best friend, and as always did a great job since she is an amazing actress.

William Peterson and Amy Brenneman were great as Nicole's parents. Even Christopher Gray who played Nicole's step brother did a nice job. I wasn't surprised with the acting in this movie since it had a lot of heavy hitters staring in it. They all held their own and did a great job.

The story line and concept of the movie was very interesting and a lot of people can relate to it. Well, probably not to the same extent but similar scenarios. You meet a good looking guy at a party and he seems nice and you start to hang out with him and you think to yourself "Wow, this guy is amazing. I wonder why he is still single?" and then something changes in his attitude. If something seems like it's too good to be true then it most likely is.

We've all dated one guy / girl or another who sugar coated a lot of things and made everything seem a lot cooler and more exciting than it really is. The one complaint I have with this movie is I wish they had David act a lot more psycho than he did. I think they had a huge opening of ideas to put in the movie but they decided not to use them. It would of made the movie a lot better and more exciting. If you're watching a movie about a psycho boyfriend then you want to see him act psycho through most of the movie and not the second half and towards the ending.

All in all this movie was very good and I enjoyed it a lot. It's a good movie and despite it's minor flaw (IMO) a lot of people will like it because it's a very inviting movie. The anticipation of what's going to happen next or how David is going to react keeps you intrigued and interested in the movie. I give this movie 4 out of 5 Skulls.

1 comment:

  1. Fear is one of my all time favorite guilty pleasure movies. I have to watch it anytime I see its on tv, even though Mark Whalburg was so sketchy and creepy.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I appreciate them. I will always comment you back or at least I'll try :D I want to thank everyone who reads and comments my blog. Thank you!! - Jenny Krueger *Peace, Love and Necrophilia*