Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Movie Review: Santa's Slay (2005)




Yes, It's true. Santa Claus is real. But he's actually a Demon who lost a bet with an Angel. So, now he has to become the giver of toys and happiness. Once the bet is off he returns to his evil ways and now the naughty kids are not the only ones on his list to punish.

I wasn't expecting much when I turned this on. It was actually on my list to watch but I kept putting it off in fear I wasn't going to like it or it was going to be boring. After the first couple of minutes of watching it, I knew I was going to enjoy it. It was very entertaining and it had a good story to it that was unique.

The acting was surprisingly not bad. With a movie like this that's known for being a B-Movie, I wasn't expecting the acting to be good. The cameos of Fran Drescher (The Nanny), Chris Kattan (A Night at the Roxbury) and James Caan (Misery) were fun to watch and really stood out for just having a couple minutes of screen time.

The leading actors held their own and did a pretty good job. Douglas Smith (Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters) got on my nerves a little but it wasn't bad to the point that I couldn't stand him on screen. Emilie de Ravin ( Carrie - Tv version) was the herion of the film and gave a strong performance. Robert Culp (Silent Night: Deadly Night 3) gave the weakest performance in the movie. I think it was due to the type of character he played.

Bill Goldberg (WWE, WCW) gave the best performance in the movie as Santa. He stole the show and made it his own. He definitely makes for one badass, sexy Santa. Dude, I really need to get me a boyfriend. The special effects in this movie were kind of cheesy and made it come off like it was made in the mid 80's. I don't know if that was their intention or they just had bad special effects. Apart from that, this movie was entertaining and enjoyable.

Don't let the name of this movie fool you, it's not as bad as it sounds. The direction of the film was pretty good and each scene followed each other very well. The movie stayed on topic and every scene made sure that it tied together and didn't fall of track. I've seen other movies that added scenes that have nothing to do with the story of the film and made no sense.

It's nice that this movie didn't do that. It made sense and the story didn't fall flat. I highly suggest this film if you're looking for a movie that will deliver a cheesy good time and you're wanting to be entertained. This movie won't disappoint. I give this movie 3 1/2 out of 5 Skulls.

5 comments:

  1. This is one of my all time favorite horror films. It's so stupid but I love Goldberg as Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, it's not as bad as it sounds! I found it very enjoyable and thought Bill Goldberg did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah, I remember actually liking this movie :) The scene at the dinner table with James Caan lifted the whole movie!

    Loved the Butterfly Effect and won't ruin the memory by watching the second one...

    Looking forward to Carrie, but have heard it's unfortunately not all that great from a couple of places now :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. jervaise brooke hamsterDecember 19, 2013 at 1:56 PM

    Merry Christmas Jenny, have a great time little darlin`.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jervaise brooke hamsterDecember 31, 2013 at 1:43 PM

    Happy New Year Jenny, have a great 2014 dreamgirl.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments and I appreciate them. I will always comment you back or at least I'll try :D I want to thank everyone who reads and comments my blog. Thank you!! - Jenny Krueger *Peace, Love and Necrophilia*